1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any suggestions what to do

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by blueridge142, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueridge142

blueridge142 Thread Starter

I am very new to digital photography, and I am trying to get decent photos of the night sky, but I have noticed that along with noisy photos it seems that I have hot pixels everywhere (at least I think so) now I know my camera is a beginner camera but I dont think it should be this bad, I bought the camera at the beginning of July used, its is a Nikon D3100 with less than 2500 actuation's. anyway here is a lens cap photo converted from raw/nef to jpg. Any ideas or suggestions as to what is going on or how to fix?

I should add I downloaded pixelfixer but it didnt seem to think there where any hot pixels, or i did something wrong. Here is the original exif data and the link to the photo which was converted to jpg. Thanks for any help

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/blueridge/untouched.jpg

exif.make=Nikon;
    exif.model=D3100;
    exif.artist=;
    exif.date_time=2014:08:06 01:46:18;
    exif.date_time_original=2014:08:06 01:46:18;
    exif.date_time_digitized=2014:08:06 01:46:18;
    exif.exposure_time=25/1 sec;
    exif.ISO_speed=ISO-1600;
    exif.f_number=f/3.5;
    exif.focal_length=18;
    exif.color_space=1 (sRGB);

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!