1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any TiPs FoR BoOsTiNg CoMp SpEeD?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JeKeLeR, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeKeLeR

JeKeLeR Thread Starter

Wasup everybody........ anywayz.. do any of you have any tips for boosting the speed of my comp? Not just for the web but for anything....... i just like it bein fast *(who doeznt)* anywayz

ive arleady set my ports to max recieve buffer
    used norton's speeddisk (type of defrag)
    Pushed my Internet Explorer to the max recieve rate (by editing the registry)
    and pushed my "DefaultRcvWindow" (default recieve window)to optimization in the registry.

I like learnin bout ways of speeding **** up so if any of you have tips plz tell me........ or if any of you wanna know how i did any of that reply to me in this forum or e-mail me and ill let u know

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahha

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

First clean out your Startup folder - Start; Programs; Startup. Right click each item in turn there and choose delete. I have only 'swtray' there, the joystick driver, and it has to be there. On most machines you don't want anything in that folder.

Check your available resources by right-clicking My Computer; clicking Properties; Click the Performance tab. Resources available are displayed as percent there at top. Check it when you get done running the System Configuration Utility mentioned below.

Click the Start button; Run; type 'msconfig', without the quoatation marks, in the Run box and click OK; Then click the Startup tab; Uncheck anything you don't need running in the background. For reference on what's not needed running in the background in the System Configuration Utility, view this website first and print out the list:

http://www2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Running_items.htm

It's important that you print out the above mentioned list. In color if possible.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice