1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any tips if i should make the vid card change?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hartia, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hartia

Hartia Thread Starter

Right now I have a BFG 8800 GTS OC 320 mb, and I'm thinking of buying a 9800 GTX+, is it worth it? Like I don't care too much about price, but performance wise I do care. Plus the 8800 requires only 1 6-pin connector, and the 9800 requires 2 6-pin connectors. I'm running on a 620W power supply, is it enough?

Thx

2. Compiler

Compiler

The performance difference isn't really there... just the newer lower price. But in COD4... you're going from about 70fps to about 105fps in 1680x1050 res. ATi 4850 will get you to around 122fps... for $160~190 card.

3. Hartia

Hartia Thread Starter

lol....70 to 105 fps
    i dont know...i'm thinking of crysis performance, it doesnt lag too bad at highest setting with the 8800, so it's still playable, but ya....thanks Compiler

4. Compiler

Compiler

AFAIK - Crysis set the bar on hitting the hardware HARD... but the game itself isn't known for being great. COD4 is known to be a far better game. I've played the Crysis demo on my junky (loaner) 8600GT card in 1024x768 in med - and it looks pretty good at about 20~25fps. I get my 4670 card tomorrow. ;)

So if other games are playing very good, wait till it becomes a problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice