1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any tips?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lllKinGllErtOlll, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lllKinGllErtOlll

lllKinGllErtOlll Thread Starter

Jul 1, 2009
    I am trying to learn as much as I can about before I start at Ivy Tech School in the fall. I am not the greatest with pc's but I am putting in crazy effort to learn. Can anyone tell me where I should start? I am trying to learn the inside of a pc. I can name and explain some of the hardware; ram, hard drive, dvd drive, cpu, motherboard, video/sound card, psu. That's about all I can do as of yet. I can take the pc apart completely and put it together. Now that I have learned some of these terms, what should I do next. I see so much inside of the pc and I would love to know every little part of it. So any tips, or terms, or anything lol, that can help a guy like me out? I am 19 and a little scared of going to school again. I want to be prepared and I feel like I don't know much. So any help would be awesome :D Thanks - David
  2. frankjohn

Nov 20, 2005
    Amazom.com>computer books
  3. win2kpro

Jul 19, 2005
    If you really want to learn, get a part time job with a repairer/builder. There is nothing that will take the place of hands on experience, especially working with someone who knows what he or she is doing.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/839818