1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any views on ACROIEHELPER (Adobe Acrobat)?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Lowtechie, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lowtechie

Lowtechie Thread Starter

WinPatrol has identified ACROIEHELPER, "Adobe Acrobat IE Helper Version 7.0 for ActiveX" on my pc. I've googled for this and found http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/acroiehelper.dll.html, where there are notes such as
    and
    As I can well do without memory hogs, I'm wondering if there is anyone here who has had positive or negative experience of removing it?

The advice on Win Patrol Plus (Yep skinflint that I am I've sprung for the $29.95 for thePLUS version) is

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

I expect that it will consume nada until you actually use it to view a web PDF file.

If you remove it, I don't know if that now negates your ability to view one.

BTW When dear old "Winpatrol" identified the file, what was the reason given.

3. TOGG

TOGG

As an aside from the main point perhaps I could mention that I got rid of the free Adobe Reader in favour of Foxit, which is a much smaller download and is alleged to use less resources: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

I don't use pdf documents very often so I haven't noticed any reduction in usefulness since I switched to Foxit. Of course, it may have an equivalent of the file mentioned in this thread!

4. Lowtechie

Lowtechie Thread Starter

Hi!
    It didn't give me a reason / warning, but because I am trying to minimise the amount of unwanted stuff running on my pc to improve performance, and have just met "Scotty", I have been trawling through all the wonderful info it gives me, and spotted this as one I wasn't aware of amongst the IE helpers.

(So many things on pc that think they are being helpful, and all they are doing is clogging up the works - just what purpose does it serve having a bent bit'o'wire dancing about the screen - git orf yer varmint!!:mad: )

Regards Clive

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice