Any way of Overclocking an Intel BX2 mobo?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rmay635703

I have an actual intel branded 440bx2 motherboard (several actually) that all have celery 333/366's. Is there any way to set the front side bus on these things? It seems that the board auto sets and prevents you from changing much of anything. Is there an overclockers bios for this perhaps? You can't jumper it (jumperless)

Cheers
Ryan

Intel never has been too overclocking-friendly until now (it will release several tools for its newer motherboards)
Look into the manual (download a newer revision from its webpage) to see if they say something about the FSB.
A 440Bx chipset can be safely overclocked to 133Mhz, but you'll need a passive heatsink in the northbridge.

rmay635703

I know it supports 133mhz fsb but I can't seem to set it for that speed, hence the problem

Triple6

First Name
Rob
You'll need to indentify the motherboard clearly and get the manual for it. In the Manual it should instruct you on how to increase the FSB. I doubt the CPU will run a at a FSB of 133Mhz but possibly lower if the mobo supports higher FSB's. Note that your RAM will also run at this faster FSB so it would be better to have PC100/133 RAM.

rmay635703

I really didn't want/need 133mhz FSB but I know the paticular celeron I have will run 450mhz with a 100mhz bus and I wanted to try this but as I said the board gives no option of changing the bus speed the thing auto-detects and sets it for you.

Cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online