1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any way possible to use Acronis True Image home on a server 03 computer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by loki993, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. loki993

loki993 Thread Starter

Ok so I got Acronis True Image home:
    This:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832200011&cm_re=acronic-_-32-200-011-_-Product

For someones server that they needed to backup. I didn't even think there would be a compatibility issue. So I get the software and of course it wont install. It says we need the server version.

Heres the deal, all they need to backup is the one computer, it doesn't need any multiple workstation capabilities or any of the extra functionality that the server software provides. Tell me there's a way to get this to work and that they don't have to spend 900 dollars to backup one computer, because that's out of the question.

If this cant work are there any other backup programs that will work with server 03 that don't cost an arm and a leg?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    In that case all you need to do is make the Acronis Bootable CD using another computer and use that to create a backup. I believe if you boot from the CD then you can back up a server O/S.

3. loki993

loki993 Thread Starter

So then would they need the actual program? It would seem like they wouldn't, just the boot disc?.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Unless I misunderstand what you are asking, that would be quite illegal and to answer it would be against the rules of this forum I'm afraid.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    They still need to own a version of Acronis, if you are doing this for a customer and its a server unless you want to get yourself into deep trouble you must provided them with a licensed copy of the program or they must buy it themselves.

In the long run a good backup program is very cheap if you consider the loss of data and time lost when a server goes down.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice