1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Any way to charge multiple devices at once?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kjjb0204, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Thread Starter

Ok, this isn't really pc related, but I'm sure it's an issue many of you face every day. I have a PDA/GPS, cell, bluetooth headset and blackberry. I use each every day, which means every night I have to plug all four devices in to charge. Does anyone know of some kind of charging station that would house all four power adapters neatly and allow me to charge all four devices from one outlet? Is there some kind of travel charger that would let me plug all four devices in to charge at once? Such a hassle taking all four adapters every time I travel.

Thanks

2. Jones

Jones

Well, the problem you run into is that most of those devices will use a different shaped plug for each device. I think there are adapter kits available at places like Best Buy or other electronic stores, but finding one with ALL those adapters will likely be as bulky as just taking your stock chargers.

BTW - Why on earth do you need a PDA and a cell phone in addition to your Blackberry. The blackberry can perform all the functions of those other two, so you really only need the one device instead of 3.

3. johnpost

johnpost

a power strip that can handle all four wall wart changers
    would work. hard to find. there are extension cords
    that have recepticles on the end of a 1 ft.extension
    so a bunch of chargers of all size could fit.

all those devices take different voltages, currents
    so it would be hard to have one charging unit.
    a person skilled in electronics could design and
    build one. for that effort easier to live with the
    seperate units.

4. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Thread Starter

The PDA I use is actually my GPS device. I don't use it for anything besides GPS. It's a Pharos 525 unit that has the GPS built right in. I don't use the blackberry for a phone. The settings and controls for the phone aren't intuitive and easy to change on the fly. Things like changing the ringer volume are more than five clicks away, so it's too hard to do throughout the day.

I found this thing, but it only holds three devices....

http://www.lizell.com/lizell/produc...1P24&mscssid=3f783195c4ac5b74cf56930254c63e8b

There's also this that will hold four, but it looks like my wife's jewelry box:

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102178026&c=

5. clurey

clurey

6. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Thread Starter

Yep, that's exactly what I've been looking for! I can't believe someone hasn't thought of a solution for this before.

Thanks!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536013