Any way to get deleted files back?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ianyoung

I had two computers networked, and the My Documents folder on computer 2 shared. From computer 1 i deleted several files on computer 2. There was no prompt after i hit the delete key, and the recycle bin is empty. the files are gone. is there any way to get them back, or find a list of what got deleted?

Right click on the recycle bin and choose explore. The missing files may yet turn up. (Try it on both recycle bins).

ianyoung

im sorry huon that didn't work perhaps try something a little more complicatd? any other GOOD ideas?

not sure if this will work or not, but its worth a try...There is a program called undelete.exe. Just do a search for Search for Download Undelete and get a free copy. When the recycle bin is emptied the files arent gone, they are just tehre waiting to be written over, so maybe the files are still there. Not sure, hopefully someone else can help you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online