Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody Install Liquid Cooling?

916 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  blonde288 
#1 ·
I wanted to try out liquid cooling my cpu so i went out and bought a thermal take liquid cooling system..though i heard that liquid cooled cpu's can accumulate 'condensation' and cause some unwanted side effects such as condensation on the cpu itself/ rusting of pins. I was wondering if anybody experienced this and/or if they have any ways to remedy this from happening?
- :) Thanks For Any Info

#3 ·
As wedor said, not possible with plain water cooling.It cannot get cooler than room temp. If you were to go with a peltier/water cooling set up, yes, condensation may become an issue. Even then, there are a number of ways to prevent any moisture from causing problems. I use dual peltiers to chill the liquid and in turn the liquid cools the CPU. Not the most efficient or common set up but I never did follow the rules anyway. Try this site for some water cooling:
http://www.overclockers.com/topiclist/index31.asp#WATER COOLING

#4 ·
Ok great guys thanks for the help and the link..gonna head over there now. ;) Being this is my 1st cooling mod to a pc i'll see how this turns out with the water cooled kit i have lol, then experiment with a refrigerated kit on a future pc. Thanks again for help! :up: :up: :up:

#5 ·
My wife has a plastic water bottle with a spray head that she uses to mist her plants with. When my cpu starts wailing like a weather alert siren from overheating I just pop the side case cover off and give the mobo and cpu a misting and in no time at all the noise stops.

Sometimes I have to reboot though...................

#6 ·
ballpark570 said:
My wife has a plastic water bottle with a spray head that she uses to mist her plants with. When my cpu starts wailing like a weather alert siren from overheating I just pop the side case cover off and give the mobo and cpu a misting and in no time at all the noise stops.

Sometimes I have to reboot though...................
sounds like your wife is smarter than you..... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.