1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anybody Install Liquid Cooling?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Retupmoc, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Retupmoc

Retupmoc Thread Starter

I wanted to try out liquid cooling my cpu so i went out and bought a thermal take liquid cooling system..though i heard that liquid cooled cpu's can accumulate 'condensation' and cause some unwanted side effects such as condensation on the cpu itself/ rusting of pins. I was wondering if anybody experienced this and/or if they have any ways to remedy this from happening?
    - :) Thanks For Any Info

2. wedor

wedor

Not possible with a liquid cooled system, they never get that cold.

Now if you were talking refrigerated those get that cold and it is a problem.

3. junker39

junker39

As wedor said, not possible with plain water cooling.It cannot get cooler than room temp. If you were to go with a peltier/water cooling set up, yes, condensation may become an issue. Even then, there are a number of ways to prevent any moisture from causing problems. I use dual peltiers to chill the liquid and in turn the liquid cools the CPU. Not the most efficient or common set up but I never did follow the rules anyway. Try this site for some water cooling:
    http://www.overclockers.com/topiclist/index31.asp#WATER COOLING

4. Retupmoc

Retupmoc Thread Starter

Ok great guys thanks for the help and the link..gonna head over there now. ;) Being this is my 1st cooling mod to a pc i'll see how this turns out with the water cooled kit i have lol, then experiment with a refrigerated kit on a future pc. Thanks again for help! (y) (y) (y)

5. ballpark570

ballpark570

My wife has a plastic water bottle with a spray head that she uses to mist her plants with. When my cpu starts wailing like a weather alert siren from overheating I just pop the side case cover off and give the mobo and cpu a misting and in no time at all the noise stops.

Sometimes I have to reboot though...................

6. blonde288

blonde288

sounds like your wife is smarter than you..... :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/363031

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice