anybody out there??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mattdavidson

Hello. ive been a member for going on 3 minutes now and i need some help.
i've had a lot of trouble playing avi files on my computer. i'm pretty inept when it comes to computers so any and all help would be greatly appreciated. i google searched and followed a link to a previous post between Jag11 and AvvY and took Avvy's advice by downloading divX player in order to play avi files through winamp. however since downloading nothing plays in winamp, regardless of the file type, and when i attempt to do so an alert appears saying,
"Runtime Error!
Program:C:\Programfiles\WInamp\winamp.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for mroe information." My computer has failed to detect any viruses or anything that may be reaking some havoc, so im lost.

so please can anybody help me salvage my winamp? and if at all possible help me play avi files on my computer?
cheers,
matt!!

mattdavidson

yeh man the whole shebang. thanks for your reply. i've uninstalled reinstalled, tried new media players tried playing a whole plethora of files but the same alert mesage comes up. im pretty sure my computers commiting suicide.

Are you able to remove that codec pack?
Sounds as though you got a bad one.

That's just a guess right now, need to think on it more.

mattdavidson

yeh, im onto like my third, all the original stuff codec's, winamp, media players have all been uninstalled and/or replaced with updated versions, it seems theres something left on my computer tho. because every player since the first winamp problem now is the same. i cant play any files other than mp3. and that same "Microsoft Visual C++" runtime error stuff just pops up if i try

mattdavidson

yeh i visited it before, it'll scan my computer and tell me ive got errors, but not tell me where or how to get rid of them unless i buy.

Ah one of those huh.... did you look at both?

It's definatly a bad file, but what and where.......... Don't give up, we'll get it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts