Anyone Else Having Problems With Norton IS Live Update Today?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jack1000

Guys,

My Norton IS showed a URL Security Update today. The download part worked great. But the installation went...very...very....very...very slowly. If you are familiar with Norton IS, the URL Security Updates add those updates to the Parental Control List, than it is supposed to save the Parental Control List. It took about 5-10 minutes for the installation to complete and the program was very slow on closing. On the second install attempt, I received a Low Virtual Memory Warning. I also closed out of everything in the System Tray with no change. Restart gets everything back to normal, except Live Update shows that the URL Updates still need to be installed. I did this twice with the same result. (First time, I got no virutual memory warning.) I will wait for a week or so for a new update release. If that doesn't solve the problem I will be uninstalling the software and switching to AVG and use XP-SP 2's built-in firewall. I need to know if others are having problems today to determine if this is a fluke.

Jack

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts