Anyone encounter this problem before?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Advancer

Hi all expert,

I got a little problem with my neighbour machine thats really drive me crazy for few days. I'll list the spec he have below:

- Asus P4P800-X (VIA Chipset)
- Intel Petium 4 3.0E 478 1MB Cache
- Asus V9520 128MB nVidia FX-5200 (2nd hand)
- Kingmax 512MB DDR-400 (256 X 2)
- WD SATA 80GB
- Asus Combo

I setup this machine with Windows XP pro SP2 that works fine in 2 to 3 weeks, but last weeks i found that a strange problem happened. Once i do something on that PC for a few moment, suddenly all blackout, so i try to reboot it but it seems nothing show up on the screen, no POST sound no nothing at all. I have done what i know to solve this. but i have no LUCK at all.

The item i change:

Asus P4P800-X > Abit VT7
Kingmax -> Kingston -> Apacer
nVidia Fx5200 > ATI 9550
SATA > IDE
Pentium 4 3.0 > Celeron D
PWS 300WATT > 450WATT

And i also update the BIOS Ver. Those thing i have changed, it dosent make any diffrent. But before i update the BIOS, i have try physical rest on the board it seems ok to load the OS, and same thing happen again...:( thanks in advance for helping me!!

Advancer said:
Once i do something on that PC for a few moment, suddenly all blackout
Explain this please. Black screen on monitor? Is the monitor "asleep"? Is the system powered off, or does it remain on with the monitor black?

-Gonz

Advancer

While doing something on it, like games, image applications or surfing. suddenly goes black, but im sure that, there still got signal cause my monitor din shows up "No Signal" sign. Yeah, the system is still on, is not "asleep" after restart by pressing the reset button, than all are "DEAD", No screen, No POST.

maybe the monitor's dying? I saw that happen to a friend's machine. Best get a new monitor and replace all components to previous state. I'm sure it'll work.

also check the cables at the back of the monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online