1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

anyone ever heard of Dirote?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bubbalouie, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bubbalouie

bubbalouie Thread Starter

I have a new machine which got loaded up with virus's and spyware in no time, I've virus scanned and removed all showing virus's using sophos and have removed all the spyware using spy chaser but I notice now a file which wants to access the internet. The program is titled Dirote.exe and it resides in the C:\WINNT.SYSTEM32, I have never heard of this program and can find no mention of it anywhere but I would hate to delete this without knowing what it is. Anyone ever had any contact with this? Would appreciate any info, Thanks

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Have you tried renaming it until you figure out what it is?

3. bubbalouie

bubbalouie Thread Starter

no, havn't tried that yet but sounds like good idea, thanks

4. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Have you tried right-clicking on the file to see if a Properties box comes up? May be a clue there as to what it is.

A Google search got zero hits - are you sure you spelled it right?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice