1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone familiar with CatOS?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by FatalExceptionX, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FatalExceptionX

FatalExceptionX Thread Starter

Just bought a cisco 2948G switch with CatOS on it, I was hoping it would have IOS 12.2. Anyways, anyone know where I can find a config translator from IOS to CatOS?

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

You're better off upgrading the switch to IOS.

3. FatalExceptionX8

FatalExceptionX8

4. zx10guy

You need to download the IOS image from Cisco. Unfortunately, you need to have a CCO account with the proper permissions to gain access to the IOS images for your switch.

If you just purchased the switch and the seller said the switch was to have a particular version IOS on it and you got CatOS instead, I would return the switch and demand one with an IOS image loaded on it. Or ask for your money back.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

6. zx10guy

I didn't check the model number. But the link you posted is correct. I looked on Cisco's website and found the only available downloads for the 2948 switches is CatOS.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice