1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone had experience with "Actual Multiple Monitors" utilli

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Automaton539, Mar 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Automaton539

Automaton539 Thread Starter

As title, was wondering if anyone had had experience with a utillity software called "Actual Multiple Monitors"
    ( https://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/ )
    Or any similar, preferably free, software.

I am wanting to have an active toolbar, and system tray, on both my monitors, rather than just one, but as this option isn't available I need a third party software, like this, to do the job and was wondering if anyone knew anything aobut it, is it safe and whether it's even worth it?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

UltraMon will do everything you want and more. However, it is not free. I believe I paid $29.99 for a single license over 8 years ago. Works great.

3. jvic

jvic

First Name:
    John
    In Windows 10 you can
    Just right-click on the taskbar, head to Properties, and check the "Show Taskbar on All Displays" box.

4. Automaton539

No, that's not what I wanted, I want a system tray, as stated in the OP, clicking the taskbar in all displays only gives me a taskbar and a clock. No system tray.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What version of Windows are you trying this on?

6. Automaton539

An up to date windows 10

7. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    Right-click Taskbar and click Taskbar settings. Scroll down to Multiple displays. Turn on Show taskbar on all displays.

8. Automaton539

Again, no. As I said in the last message when I was told exactly that by "jvic" that only gives me a task bar and a clock, I want a system tray. The thing in the corner that has selected icons such as volume and network, I want that in both monitors, not just the task bar.

9. jvic

jvic

First Name:
    John
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  10. Automaton539

Ah, damn, if it's not one ting missing it's another. Haha.

A great man once sung "2 out of 3 ain't bad", but in this case, if I can't have it all there's no point. ^_^

edited to add;

Will still check it out, but not hopeful. Thanks anyway.

11. Automaton539

Ok, so, just to add then, I tested it out, and while it did *almost* give what I wanted, it was like a second task bar atop the first one, and while it performed most of what I wanted, one of the most important things wasn't there and it bugged twice in the space of 10 minutes, stole one of my internet windows so I thought I'd lost it and would have to find and reopen the pages seperately again, until I clicked to startup the toolbar again and discover it had only minimised to that, not to windows, and it almost had to be task manager shut down due to it failing to do something. Now, I know it's an opensource programe and not native to windows, so while I does it's job admirably it still has bugs, and until those are fixed I'll make do with what I have. Possibly something to keep my eye on, though considering it's age, not sure anyone is still working on it.

12. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I use Display Fusion (also not free) for wall paper control. But I'm pretty sure it will do what you want.

13. Automaton539

It looks good, though right now I certainly can't afford to buy it and the funcitons I want aren't available in the free version.
    Certainly something to think about.

Thanks.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice