Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone have a guide to make a bootable recovery disc?

927 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
hi,

My sony vaio came with a recovery option basically its a small partition on my drive that i can access if i press f7 before i boot.

it basically restores my PC to "factory Settings" as if were right out of the store with all drivers and preinstaled software.

i want to make a similar disc for my desktop. i want to have it on a disc though and not a partition. dont care if its dvd or cdr .

anyone know of a 'how to guide'

I just re did my pc and its a pain to have to reinstall all my favorite programs and drivers.

Thanks in advance

k

#2 ·
Your XP CD will restore your system to its original condition via a reinstall. But maybe you're looking for an imaging program. There are some free ones out there (Google), but the standards are Acronis and Norton Ghost. Both can save an image to CD's, DVD's, a separate partition or a separate drive.

#3 ·
Go here:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=168165

I think that is EXACTLY the kind of "guide" you're looking for, but it's specific to making an image with Acronis TI

#4 ·
thanks guys!

i think this is waht i need

#6 ·
#8 ·
I favor ACRONIS TI, but I've had trouble with it too.

You can probably get good and bad opinions on either one - it depends on the user's experience. A lot of the bad experiences were actually cased by the users themselves (that was my problem with ACRONIS) NOT the software.

I don't know what the price differential is between them, but it's probably not more than $10 bucks, if that.

I shop for my software over the internet. You can find some pretty good deals. Try sites like PriceGrabber and Buy.com - there are plenty of others. Google the title and you'll come up with plenty of deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.