1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone have a monitor to recommend?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by in4pain, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. in4pain

in4pain Thread Starter

I'm getting a new mac soon and want to keep cost down by not getting an apple monitor right off the bat. I love them don't get me wrong I want to get one in the future but need to keep the cost of the loan down as much as possible.

I would like to know if anyone has a quality monitor they recommend for a good price. It doesn't have to be flat screen although I would prefer one. I know of the formac monitors and I'm considering them but would like to see what you all think.

Thanks for the time.

Donnie.

2. compilerxp

compilerxp

Any monitor will work with the MAC... just need an adaptor cable (why do they bother?)

What size? 17" 19"

Go to sams, get a 19" CRT for $189 - flat tube. Add $30 adaptor.

Buy a LCD 17" for $400 - add $30 adaptor.

Samsung, NEC, Mitsubishi are quite good.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/155426