Anyone know a place that will insert <br> tags automatically?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PJK

Banned
Hello,
I have a huge list of items I have for trade, and I dont want to have to go through and add <br> at the end of each line, so does anyone know a place where I can just paste my list in and it will add <br> tags at the end? Thanks
Pat

PJK

Banned
I want to put the list on my site, but you have to have the <br> tags to make it go to the next line, how can I do this all in one?
pat

use a text editor like textpad, highlight a line break, and use the search and replace

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
My other suggestion is to dump the list into excel and add the code you want into another column. Then export the file as a csv. Open the file in notepad and do a find and replace all for the comma. Should take all of about 3 minutes to do that.

PJK

Banned
I will do that. Ctrl+v isnt hard, except when you have a list of like 3,000 items, it takes a while. I will go to excel and do it, thanks

If you're that lazy, you could use preformatted tags

<pre>
all
the
stuff
here
the
list
i
mean
</pre>

No <br /> tags required ;)

One (quick & nasty) option is to put <pre> at the start of the first line and </pre> at the end of the last. These indicate that the text between them is pre-formatted, and as such a browser will interpret a line break as a new line...

As I said - quick and nasty.

use a bullet list builder in any html editor. it will seperate them when cutting and pasting

PJK

Banned
When you use the bullet list, dont you have to tag each line with the <li> text </li> tags?
Pat

yes you do have to do that if its manual but if you have an editor such as coffe cup you cant just simply cut and paste all the info and it will build it for you

jthenerd said:
yes you do have to do that if its manual but if you have an editor such as coffe cup you cant just simply cut and paste all the info and it will build it for you
With that argument, you could jsut hit "enter" and then copy/paste with the <br /> tags in :p

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online