1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

anyone know about gateways?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nequamminor, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nequamminor

nequamminor Thread Starter

i have a gateway 700mhz celeron integrated 32mb video+sound and i have been very proud of what it has conquered but the processor is so worthless that if i had money to get a new one i would sh** on it after i got it out..... anyway, anyone know if i can upgrade the processor and use the same motherboard? probably not, and i would appreciate any suggestions for a lower class p4+mobo+sound+video for around 350-400 i saw a p4 1.6 for something like 160, so i dont know, any suggestions?

2. nequamminor

nequamminor Thread Starter

if anyone needs/cares enough to know more about the gateway, first they can email me and if anyone knows if it would be a waste of time to overclock it, and if not how do i do it? (i know, pretty stupid question)

3. torgo

torgo

check out www.monarchcomputers.com for very neice combos at decent prices. These guys are honest and have a great reputation. Go to resellerratings.com and check vendors reops before you buy.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Before you spend any money, cruise over to Pricewatch and price out the components, you'll get some very good prices. I've done tons of shopping at Pricewatch listed vendors with no difficulties at all. Easiest place I know to find inexpensive components. :)

5. RandyG

RandyG

Gateway use different Motherboards in different configurations, so you may be lucky enough to have an upgradeable board, or unlucky enough to have it maxed out already. If you go to http://support.gateway.com/support/default.asp and eneter your 10 digit serial number, you will be abel to get the exact specifications on your machine, inlcuding exactly which Motherboard it is.

as to the other recommendations, Pricewatch is always my first stop, but I never knock a good suggestion from someone who has first-hand experience with an online shop. I use Pricewatch to get an idea on what deals I should be looking for, then go through my listing of good Online stores, and compare prices.

If you want, I can look it up for you, as I probably have more experience on Gateway's site. Just PM me your serial number. I do not recommend posting it, as that is what Gateway uses to ID you as a Gateway Client, and it isn't prudent to post it in a public forum.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice