1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone know about S820 Cannon printers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frankiepace, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. frankiepace

frankiepace Thread Starter

I registered to get help with my printer and after signing up I see no categories for printers.
    Therefore I set this thread up...

If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much..

Well; here goes.

My Cannon S820 printer suddenly and for no reason is now printing partial documents.

Some of the printing is also smaller, this is puzzling.

I tried deep cleaning the head, put new cartridges in and aligned the printer head...

The printer is only 3 years old .... please tell me that I won't have to buy another.....

2. spudmister

spudmister

sounds like a printer board issue (just had the same thing with a new HP deskjet)..but you might try canon's support on their site first to see if there could be another reason.

3. frankiepace

frankiepace Thread Starter

a friend told me it could the printer head? Says it wouldn't be worth repairing and that I could by a new one for that price...you think?

4. spudmister

spudmister

for the price of some some of the printer heards I agree...check on e-bay depending on the demand you could pick one up for a lot less than a new printer. I did a couple of months ago.

5. replay

replay

i have a canon s330 and it started doing the same....i set the paper as "glossy pro" in preferences and it prints fine now....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/568276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice