1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone know anything about private messaging

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pennylane184, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pennylane184

pennylane184 Thread Starter

Hi
    A while ago, I received sinister private messages through my trip advisor account. The odd thing is though, the messages were received showing times between 7.30 pm and 8.30pm then suddenly changed to between 10.30pm and 11.30pm. Why would this happen? Could they have changed it so I didn't know what time zone they were in?
    I know this sounds like an odd question, but I have valid reasons for asking.
    Cheers

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    I don't think that would be the case. It sounds like its a bot sending the messages if it's spam (like advertisements). If that is the case, or if it's someone sending nasty messages, then check this page out if its from 1 person.

3. pennylane184

pennylane184 Thread Starter

Hi thanks for the reply. It's definitely not a bot. Could one malicious person change the time? Long story short, they've pretended to be someone else almost causing a marriage split.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    When they post a message it should be server time, unless it goes by the person's computer clock.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!