Anyone know anything about private messaging

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pennylane184

Hi
A while ago, I received sinister private messages through my trip advisor account. The odd thing is though, the messages were received showing times between 7.30 pm and 8.30pm then suddenly changed to between 10.30pm and 11.30pm. Why would this happen? Could they have changed it so I didn't know what time zone they were in?
I know this sounds like an odd question, but I have valid reasons for asking.
Cheers

Couriant

James
I don't think that would be the case. It sounds like its a bot sending the messages if it's spam (like advertisements). If that is the case, or if it's someone sending nasty messages, then check this page out if its from 1 person.

pennylane184

Hi thanks for the reply. It's definitely not a bot. Could one malicious person change the time? Long story short, they've pretended to be someone else almost causing a marriage split.

Couriant

James
When they post a message it should be server time, unless it goes by the person's computer clock.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts