1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone know Sharepoint Services?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by djangojazz, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djangojazz

djangojazz Thread Starter

Simple question really I'm not wanting to get into understanding all of the .NET environment and coding alternate forms at the moment into Share Point Services. But... I was curious if there was a simple way to merely make the home page show a picture I want. When I try to drag in a jpg, or save the jpg to a simple HTML document that only has the picture, it doesn't give an option to save. When I go to help MS in typical fashion goes into VOLUMES of information on how much Sharepoint services can do but not a simple, do this, do that, bam, there you go. It mentions using an HTML editor like Frontpage, but I don't have it.

Can I simply just create a web part another way? Also do I have to add it from the server or can I use a client to upload to it? I'm a total noob at Share Point services. I can do the change themes, change permissions, and add and destroy content, but once it get's to web parts I'm clueless and the site is not that intuitive on helping someone new to it either on that part. If anyone has any ideas and I'm just doing something wrong and it's really easy let me know. Thanks!

Also too and not as necesarry is Share Point Services 3 a lot better than 2? Does it auto upload with updates to MS 2003 server or do I have to request it?

Attached Files:

2. Rockn

Rockn

Web parts are all programmed and can be created in FrontPage. You cannot simply insert an image as a background.

3. djangojazz

djangojazz Thread Starter

Okay, then do I have to use Frontpage to create webparts? Or can I use another HTML editor?

4. Rockn

Rockn

I am probably wrong. You may very well need to use something like Visual Studio.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice