1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone Know...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lotech, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lotech

lotech Thread Starter

how to tell what size power supply an amplified speaker system takes? I have several sets and would like to make use of them if I can figure out whether they take 6,9,12, or 24v transformers.

2. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

Have you tried looking up the manufacturer's websites for the specs on them? or maybe a few on-line catalogs might have that info,too...

3. Rockn

Rockn

They all have the ratings listed on them. There should be UL stickers on them.

4. funkenbooty

funkenbooty

my speakers have a little label right next to the power jack, sometimes it's not a label but the label is molded into the plastic so it is harder to see...

5. lotech

lotech Thread Starter

Thanks to all: I did go to the website for juster, but these are probably 2 to 3 yrs old, but never used. Mod. no is DC-691P and I looked for specs around the power jack as funkenbooty suggested but didn't see anything. perhaps someone else has these speakers and can pass this info along.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If their plain old speakers forget about them. The place I work sells small black Labtec Speakers for $8 CAN. There not bad sounding for $8 at all and can also be powered by batteries. The point is if you shop around you can get great deals that may may end up being cheaper then an adaptor (which we sell for $15).

7. funkenbooty

funkenbooty

maybe you could take the speakers to RadioShack and they may be able to identify the type you need by looking at them...or not

Juster paired 140W speakers with integrated AC power adapter. Model AC-691N / DC-691P. Beige color, matching most cases and monitors. Retail box.. It says integrated AC power adapter so maybe all you need is a power cord and not the transformer

8. jnomina

jnomina

I just got a pair of these speakers working. They take a 6VDC output transformer (patched into the black power line). I had a pair of these speakers without a power supply, but I saw a similar pair of speakers (by another brand name) which took 6 volts DC, so I gave it a try.

The power supply I'm using is 6VDC Output, however, it's 100mA (milli-Amp). I would strongly recommend something stronger than 100mA, but 6VDC IS correct.

Hope this helps,

Jim

9. lotech

lotech Thread Starter

Thanks to all. I will give the 6vdc trans. a try. John

10. cdmead

cdmead

I also had the same question about the correct voltage for the transformer and I want to say thanks to all those that supplied the answer.
    Carl:) :) :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice