1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone purchased a Dell Refurbished system??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by senna, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. senna

senna Thread Starter

I have been looking at the Dell Refurbished systems and have a few questions:
    Has anyone purchased one?
    Did you have any trouble with it?
    Does it come with a mouse and keyboard?
    I assume it is not with a monitor?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks everyone.

Senna

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

I believe that they come with everything. Check to see if it comes with a one year or extended 3 year warranty. As long as you have the warranty the system should be OK. Stay away from the small desktop cases.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfh/default.htm

3. sdc

sdc Guest

How much are they versus a new set up or white box?
    Comparable? That must be thought about!

WEBFISH

4. sdc

sdc Guest

Just remember that the cheaper the computer the cheaper the parts inside! And those low end computers can be pretty cheap in the parts!
    I do not know too much about Dell!
    But I will shortly

5. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Two friends of mine bought refurbished Dells and love them.
    Dad has one and I had to replace the DVD drive, and it was one of the easiet cases I ever have worked in! :D

6. grampy

grampy

Have a refurbished Dell (bought from independent supplier 3 years ago) came with all neccessary bits plus Win 98 and Lotus smartsuite.Added an external CDRW because of lack of slots.It's been a reliable machine,anything that's gone wrong has been my own doing.Less risk of trouble I hope since I put a ghost image of C: on a logical D: with copies to a CD.

7. sdc

sdc Guest

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/145926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice