1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone Recommending A Scanner?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Politicaldog, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Politicaldog

Politicaldog Thread Starter

I upgrded PC's recently and have been thinking about doing the same with my scanner. Anyone recommending ?

Thanks
    Politicaldog:)

HP 760N
    120 Gig HD
    512mb Ram
    Windows XP Home
    Pent IV 1.79

2. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

I'm glad you posted :D

I just bought the new Visioneer 9020 and it is incredible! I was going to buy a Micrortek but I've heard that many of them are now having a lot of problems right out of the box, so I got the Visioneer 9020 instead. The 9000 is basically the same unit. You will love the great software and it is the fastest scanner that I have ever used. Highly reccomended!

Enjoy :D

3. jayeliot

jayeliot

I too have Visioneer, model 8100. The software that came with it was awful. I think it's called ScanSoft or something like that. After successfully scanning dozens of photos, the software started performing badly.

Each time I clicked on the icon, my PC froze up. The only way out was to pull the plug from my PC. I finally removed the software and have not used the scanner since. I have learned that this is fairly common with scanner software.

Question for anyone .... can I use different software with a Visioneer scanner ?

Thanks.

4. Wino

Wino

Have Visioneer models 5300 and 8600. No problems with either. For photos use PaintShopPro 7.0 and MSPhotodraw 2000. both units came with PaperPort6.0 and recently upgraded to 8.0. For OCR and docs use the PaperPort software and no probs. Highly recommend Visioneer - do not recommend HP scanners - bad experience for me.

5. DaveLB

DaveLB

I Have my third HP and wouldn't have anything else. They are a high quality product, come with good software, and thier service and support have been great.
    I have a 6250C that I've used alot over the three years I have had it and still it out preforms many new model on the market.

GOOD SHOPPING

6. Politicaldog

Politicaldog Thread Starter

Thanks for the good info. I will search through these models and see what I like.

Thanks
    Politicaldog:)

7. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

I would have to agree with Wino, the new PaperPort and ScanSoft software work flawlessly. If they ever did have any problems then they have surely worked them all out. This is by far the best scanner (and scanner software) that I have ever used. PERIOD.

Also, I used to sell HP scanners and printers... and 80% of them would always be returned as defective! Whenever we had a sale on HP no one in the store wanted to work the next day because they knew that they would have to deal all day with unhappy HP customers. I suppose one or two working HP's slip by and work just fine, but then even a blind squirrel will find an acorn every now and then :D

Good luck with whatever you buy.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice