1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone remember .MOD files?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Jeckler, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jeckler

Jeckler Thread Starter

I'm looking for old mods, anyone still have their collection from around 1993? You remember '93 right? 386's, sx vs. dx, 486dx2's etc....
    Anyway, I'm looking for a piano piece by the name of Mrs Fletcher (I'm pretty sure that's what it was called).
    Anyone have it?

2. Molder

Molder Account Disabled

Try The Mod Squad.

3. MacFromOK

MacFromOK

You'll have to excuse Molder, Jeckler :)

I think his pusher must've got busted...

Cheers, Mac

4. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

Jeckler.....Have you tried HERE?

5. Jeckler

Jeckler Thread Starter

Yea, I tried Google.
    BTW: If anyone saw my earlier post about hearing versus actually *listening*, Jew's reply is a prime example.
    I asked if anyone had a certain mod in their own collection (go ahead, read that part again), and the only valid reponse I get is to go search for it. Don't ya think I already did that?

6. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

The name is JewisHeritage not "Jew's".... & EXCUSE ME.... HECKLER

Try "Listening" to your own arrogance!

Geoffrey

7. Jeckler

Jeckler Thread Starter

Sorry, don't feel like typing out your whole nick....so if ya don't like it, maybe ya should pick a different one. So if your nick was Bobmeisterborgenstein, would you get offended that I called ya Bob? Gimme a break, you picked the name. And, mine's spelled with a J. :)
    Anyway... to get back to the center....
    What's the first line of my reply? "Yea, I tried Google"
    Face it, you weren't paying attention. You 'heard' that I wanted mod files. You didn't 'listen' to the question that I wanted to know if someone had a specific one in their collection. You fell into it, and now you're trying to crawl your way out because you were called on it. Getting upset because I didn't feel like spelling out your whole name is just childish. Geez, IRL people call me Jeck all the time. I've had it for 15 years. Calm down.

8. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

I will repeat....quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND Nowhere in your ORIGINAL POST here...did you say you tried Google! You said that in your reply to MY SUGGESTION!

So you go crawl whereever the heck you want to JECK!

Geoffrey

9. Jeckler

Jeckler Thread Starter

Let me quote myself:
    "Just thought I'd vent, and ask everyone to think before replying. I know everyone can read, but try to also understand. I use it on my work partner all the time, he's real bad. He'll hear what someone is saying, but he doesn't *listen*, if ya know what I mean."

You fell into the same thing. You didn't understand what I was looking for. You heard me ask about mod files. You didn't listen to me say "Anyway, I'm looking for a piano piece by the name of Mrs Fletcher (I'm pretty sure that's what it was called).
    Anyone have it?"

It'd be one thing if I had asked where to find mods. Your reply would have been perfect, and I would have appreciated it. Instead, you took the easy way out and told me to go to google and use the search string of "mod files". *Palm slap on forehead*, dang, why didn't I think of that?.... oh wait, I did!
    I was hoping someone would have, in their private collection, this 1 particular song I am looking for. Most people don't put the contents of their HD out on the web for search engine bots to catalog, and it's even harder for a bot to catalog someone's floppy collection sitting in a desk drawer, don't ya think?
    So, since you don't have it, I'll be on to more productive things.
    BTW: If you ever need a mod file, check out http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/~aminet/dirs/tree_mods.html or http://www.tcp-ip.or.jp/~ebiten/mod/mod-files-links.html

10. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jeckler
    The statement you made using JewishHeritages name truncated
    is derogatory, racist, and by no way can be excused as an normal shortening of ones internet name. I personally find this totally offensive, and down right nasty. At this point if you wish help from me in the future, even if I could I would not!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For what it is worth if that is the way you want to treat someone who offers help maybe you should find another Forum!
    Davey7549
    Here shorten mine derogatorily!

11. jimi

jimi

JERKLER, nobody knows your level of expertise/ignorance so when anybody responds to your questions, no matter what the responce is i.e Molder(ya i saw your avatar on THAT post) you should appreciate the fact that another "member" took the time to try and help you- from my understanding thats why "we're" here. and yes your comments are prejudied, inflammatory, and derogatory "in MY opinion"

12. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

davey7549 & jimi: Thank You for bringing the obvious to view! I wasn't going to "go there" for a variety of reasons.
    It is a bit "forward" to request I change my name....He has not a clue as to why I selected this name....He has not a clue as to the definition of the word Heckler.....

He "hears" that what he wishes to hear....

I best stop here...."A Certain Someone" may construe this reply as being "obnoxious"....

Thanx Again davey7549 & jimi! ;)

13. Jeckler

Jeckler Thread Starter

Uh, ok...Dave.

Shortening JewisHeritage's name to Jew is no worse than shortening YoMamadontliveherenomore's name to Yo. If I had said "The Jew", or "That Jew", or even "A Jew", heck yea that'd be derogatory!
    I really don't know how else to explain it, but the way I said it was in no way meant to be taken that way. I do remember as I was writing it that this might happen, but at least I didn't try to generalize him with 'The', 'A', or 'That' (the worst one IMO). I said what I said, and I'm sorry it was taken the wrong way.

Jimi:
    I have no idea who the Molder guy is, but I did notice his account was disabled very quickly.
    I would appreciate it though that if you're going to accuse someone of being deragotory, you don't make the same mistake, (Jerckler?).
    My whole point of it was to point out that people need to listen to what someone is asking for. Don't just reply to get your post count up.

14. angel

angel

Would you guys just knock it off? Do you feel like you are actually accomplishing anything? It really bothers me when people in this forum start going at it. How does that look to new members and others? If you would like to discuss your issues with each other, I'd suggest you do it with Private Messages or email.

Anyway...
    Although I do not have it in my 'personal collection', I think I may have found it for you <a href="http://www.modarchive.com/cgi/search.cgi?query=%22Mrs.+Fletcher+%22&since=&type=mod&type=s3m&type=xm&type=it&type=mtm&type=stm&type=669&maxhits=100">here</a> - first link. Might take a while for the page to come up. If it doesn't come up, I just did a search for it at <a href="http://www.modarchive.com/search.shtml">The Mod Archive</a>

15. jimi

jimi

I would appreciate it though that if you're going to accuse someone of being deragotory, you don't make the same mistake, (Jerckler?).

You are correct, sorry the "think before you speak" part of my brain took a break, i try to do that. Mr. Molder you might look for a guy pushin a rental property. Post count??? i've been here a while and look how low my posts are sorry if its a status thing i could care less if i'm junior, senior, disfigured er distinguished or modulator!!!!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice