1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone running AMD Athlon 6400 x2?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mayor Quimby, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayor Quimby

Mayor Quimby Thread Starter

I dont really have major issue with it, but it runs hot! I had it for couple of years and since the day i got it, its been running hot.

Idle non gaming temp is 55 degree

Depending on the game, the temperature gets up to 110 degree. Games like BattleField Bad Company 2 pushes it to 110 degree constant.

Thing is, my games run smoothly and they dont crash. Currently running stock heatsink but i tried Zalman for awhile but it makes no difference. I got one fan in the back, one on the side, and one in front. My pc has no hardware issue, is just the processor runs hot. Everything else is just fine.

My spec:
    Nvidia geforce 9600
    amd althon 6400
    4 gb corsair memory
    Dfi Lan PArty motherboard AM2 +

2. Compiler

Compiler

Its an older AMD CPU... but the temps are more than fine.

When it comes to Computer temps, we refer to the Celsius readings... using F is a bit confusing for most... yet otherwise we use F for outsite and food temps :)

110f = 43c.... you're running fine. 50c+ be concerned, 55+ starts to be a problem.

Even todays faster and higher clocked AMD CPUs... like the X4 955 running 3.4Ghz and 4 cores will idle in the mid 30s and tend to max out in the low-40s on load.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice