1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone Sell Computer Case/MB Combo's?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by halcour, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

I can't find them on Newegg anymore. I plan to build a new system sometime in the next few months and I'd really prefer to start with a case/mb combo. Thanks.

2. gberger

gberger

Try Tiger Direct, I've used them many times. I bought a MB, PS, Case combo from them not very long ago.

3. dai

dai

buy the power supply as separate item from the case

ones that come with cases are low quality

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

5. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

I have an Antec 500w PS already. I need a case and mb combo. Tiger Direct doesn't sell these either.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

One thing to consider; a pw supply does not last forever. Most have a useful life of 3~5yrs. If yours is getting close to this, I would think about replacing the unit when you do the build.

7. dai

dai

you will need to know what video card you will be using to determine what psu

500w does not power much these days

8. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

Ah. Ok, this PS is about four years old. So I guess I'll add a new PS to my component list.

I plan on having two 1GB video cards, so maybe 650w?

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Running dual video cards, you are probably going to need more than that. It does depend on the exact cards however something like dual 560s and you are going to need 8~900W again depending on the rest of the system, is it going to be overclocked, etc.

10. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

Crimeny. Maybe I'll go with one video card w/dual outputs. Not sure.

The basic system will be a core i5, 8 gb ram, one ssd drive and 3 Sata hd's, dvd burner, and either one 2gb video card or two 1gb cards, running Win7 64-bit. No overclocking.

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

For something like that a 650W corsair or seasonic would work just fine. Here is an example;
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

Remember do not go cheap on the pw supply. While you can purchase a 650W pw supply much cheaper, you really pay for it in the long run when that cheapo pw supply fails and possibly takes out the board, ram, etc.

12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

BTW I run an overclocked 8350, 8gig of ram, and a single gtx560 card with that same pw supply. No problems at all.

13. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

Ok, thanks. I'll be posting the specifics components of my build for opinions before I buy it.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1079238

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice