1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone still using IPX on Cisco routers?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Magnet, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnet

Magnet Thread Starter

Hi All,

My first time posting here but seems like I have hit good company. Came searching for some clues to a specific problem I face regardimg implementing an idea from my boss ;)
    The scenerio: One students lab having 50 odd PCs connecting to Novell server via IPX protocol. The Novell Server is purely used for doing Print and File services. The Clients DO NOT require IP on the machines to get connected to Novell Servers. The nuisance is, they install IP addresses on these machines and start to browse the Net. They know the pool that we have and sometimes end up conflicting with already assigned IPs creating a mess on the network.

Now, I have tried Sunscreen firewall but couldn't somehow let the IPX pass through. he other option is one Cisco Router 2611 lying around with me with two Ethernet Ports.

If I assign one Private IP pool to this room and connect it to one Ethernet Interface of the router and let the second interface connect to my Office LAN and then put in an Access List that denies all IP but allows all IPX traffic to pass throught Ethernet Interface E0/0 to E0/1, would it help solve my problem?

If yes! Then how do I route all my traffic via E0/0 to E1/1? I am novice on routers, need some clues on configuring interfaces.

Any answers would be appreciated.
    Rgds

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice