1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone Using K9 Anti-Spam Program?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Alaska, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alaska

Alaska Thread Starter

I've been reading about this Bayesian filter based anti-spam program called K9. It's freeware and the program is supposed to be a proxy in between the ISP's server and any POP3 e-mail program.

K9 is supposed to "learn" what spam is and it is stated to get better as it learns. Supposedly the more spam a person gets the better it learns. It takes "teaching" by the user at first but from what I've read on Google searches it is supposed to be very good.

I tried to do a search for the program in these forums but K9 is too short of a search term. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried this program. I ask the question out of curiosity mostly because I do not think I get enough e-mail for the program to learn from. And from what I've read it is better if K9 acts as a stand alone program so I do not think I could use it in conjunction with my primary anti-spam program.

2. Alaska

Alaska Thread Starter

Yep, it turns out this K9 puppy is similar in principle to POPFile. The shame of it is I do not get enough e-mail good or bad to use either one.

Oh!! The humanity!!

3. granjaz

granjaz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice