1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyone Using Netlimiter?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by halcour, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

I have Netlimiter but the help file is practically non-existent and I know next to nothing about bandwidth so I'm fumbling my way around. What I would like to do is have Firefox and another app "X" both running, w/X getting the max amount of bandwidth possible when FF is idle. Then when I click on a link in FF I would like Netlimiter to give all the bandwidth to FF, temporarily cutting back on X's bandwidth allocation. Then after the page loads in FF, it gives the bandwidth back to X. And so on...

I assume I want to use either Limits or Grants or both? The instructions say one should first set bw speeds in Network Manager in order to use Grants, so I have set my Internet Zone to my max DL and UL speeds (1500kb & 256kb, respectively).

Now I'm not sure what to do next. I know I need to set Limits and/or Grants in the main window, but I'm not sure what to set them at in order to do what I want. I Granted FF the max dl/ul bandwidth, but that hasn't improved the speed w/X running, so I suppose there's something else I need to set somewhere?

Any help much appreciated.

Harold

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice