Anyone using Stardock?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

halcour

Looking for some feedback from Stardock users. Does it run smoothly w/Win XP or have you experienced problems?

Thanks,
Harold

halcour

Well, I bought and installed Stardock last nite and just uninstalled it a few minutes ago. After paying $50, downloading and installing some 20 programs, the first time I tried to install a desktop theme I got a msg that I needed something called CursorXP, which cost another $20! I tried to install 3 more themes and crashed my system but good.

Reverted my hard drive back to just before I installed Stardock and sent an email requesting a refund asap!

Such was my experience w/Stardock.

Harold

Miz

I've been using Window Blinds and Icon Packager for about 3 years on both XP Home and XP Pro. I've encountered two problems, one due to poorly done skin and one to a buggy icon package.

When I upgraded to the newest version of Window Blinds (5.0, I think), I thought I'd run into trouble. It required a reboot and it hung at the "Saving settings" screen for what seemed like forever. However, it finally completed after a couple of minutes (an enternity in modern computer time) and it's been working flawlessly since.

kidcnote

Banned
halcour said:
Well, I bought and installed Stardock last nite and just uninstalled it a few minutes ago. After paying $50, downloading and installing some 20 programs, the first time I tried to install a desktop theme I got a msg that I needed something called CursorXP, which cost another $20! I tried to install 3 more themes and crashed my system but good.

Reverted my hard drive back to just before I installed Stardock and sent an email requesting a refund asap!

Such was my experience w/Stardock.

Harold
I've been using the Curser (free) XP for yrs.. I've got the hand one..the gears are kinda cool to..

I also have CursorXP installed but don't use it much anymore. At the time I purchased it it only cost me $10. Now it's $20? I don't think it's worth that much. I thought that if you purchased the entire Stardock package that CursorXP was included. I tried to use a few other Stardock products and I wasn't very happy with them. I think that's why I have stopped playing with CursorXP for now, not that I'm having problems with it, just bored with it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online