1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anything else needed?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tsurutsu, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tsurutsu

Tsurutsu Thread Starter

Ok, im new to tech guy i know (reffered to here by my mom who uses it for all her computer needs). first post and such. What i need to know is will the computer run with the Following items. And if not what else i might need.

MotherBoard: 69.99
    ECS AMD690GM-M2 (v1.0A) AMD Socket AM2 MicroATX Motherboard / Audio / Video / DVI / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID

CPU- 49.99
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz / 512KB Cache / 1000MHz (2000 MT/s) FSB / Orleans / Socket AM2 / Processor with Fan

Memory/Ram- 99.99
    US Modular Dual Channel 2048MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)

Case/Power Supply- 39.99
    Power Up 2526 Blue ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Audio Ports and 450-Watt Power Supply

Hard Drive- 59.99
    Western Digital / Caviar SE / 160GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-300 / OEM / Hard Drive

Monitor- 159.99
    Norcent LM965WA 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 8ms, 500:1, WXGA+ 1440x900, DVI, Built-In Speakers

Disk Drives- 29.99/ea x2
    Sony NEC Optiarc SuperMulti (AD-7170A) OEM DVD Burner - 18x DVD±R Burn, 16x DVD±R Read, 8x DVD±RW, 8x DVD-R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, 48x32x CD-R/RW, Black, No Software

Keyboard/Mouse/Speakers- 59.99
    Logitech EX110 Cordless Keyboard and Mouse With Logitech X-230 Speaker System

Operating System- 89.99
    Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2 OEM Version

Power Cables-5.99

Grand total= $680.89

So will this all run and run efficiently? Is there anything key that i am missing? Is the price resonable for what i am getting?

So... help a guy out thats trying to make a computer? :p

2. peanut182

peanut182

Cables other than power cables? :p

3. Tsurutsu

Tsurutsu Thread Starter

from what i gather the items listed come with the cables needed to install? If not what cables will i need/ would you recommend?

4. peanut182

peanut182

IDE cables? for your HD or is a SATA?

(edit : just re-read the mother board bit )

Heatskin ?

Fan?

You may already have these components

5. Tsurutsu

Tsurutsu Thread Starter

motherboard i believe comes with the ide cable to connect hard drive. not sure but i think the sound and video cards are also integrated into the motherboard. Casing comes with foward mount usb/audio plugins with cords to connect to motherboard. The modem though?

Not sure if HD is SATA. And heatskin/fan i will probably still need to get. (Heatskin though? o_O; )

HD is not SATA. Its EIDE, so i will need to get an EIDE flatribbon cable right?

Edited: Different motherboard/memory.

6. peanut182

peanut182

HAHA, opps, i meant heat sink LOL

And yeah, it looks like you've got most thing covered there

7. Tsurutsu

Tsurutsu Thread Starter

most things? Meaning other than a better Video and Sound card?
    or something else essential for running the computer? X3

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice