1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anyway to map keyboard keys to mouse clicks?

Discussion in 'Games' started by StumpedTechy, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy Thread Starter

I have a game that does not allow for any type of keyboard remapping OR binding keyboard keys to mouse buttons...

What I want to know is if this can be done via 3rd party applications?

What I am looking to do is map certain F1-F12 keys to my mouse so then I can click the mouse button instead.

BTW running Windows Xp and Have the Logitech Cordless MX Duo keyboard/mouse set. I do NOT have the Logitech software loaded just the drivers for the devices to function.

2. renegade X

renegade X

There is a program caled Joy2Key that maps for a joystick. Try the trial version to see if it will emulate a mouse.

3. StumpedTechy

From all the documentation it doesn't look like it will work but I'll play around with it when I get home... Any other ideas?

4. StumpedTechy

All I seem to be finding is Keyboard to function as mice... has noone ever required a mouse button to function as a keyboard key?

I did look at some information and it indicates my buttons are programmable. Should i bother trying to load the logitech software when I get home? Am I correct in thinking its probably only to predfined fields and probably only pertaining to mouse use and NOT 100% modifyable?

5. StumpedTechy

Nope doesn't work any other ideas?

It should not be hard to map a keyboard key to a mouse click function. anyone know how to program maybe add other keyboard keys into a program that already gives you a predfined (but small) list of keyboard keys to program it to?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!