AOC G2460V monitor no signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

woollyhat

Hey everyone! First off I need to say that if this isn't allowed on this forum, mods are free to remove it (duh).

I have an AOC G2460V monitor for my stationary PC. Both the PC and the monitor are 1.5 years old. It's always worked perfectly, but yesterday I moved my setup and now it's not working anymore. More info on my setup at the bottom of the post.

I turned everything off, pulled all the cords out, moved the stuff two feet to the left and plugged everything back in. Now my monitor says "No signal" and refuses to work. I've tried restarting numerous times, unplugging and plugging it back in (both the power cord and HDMI as well as the VGA), switching to a completely new HDMI cable, switching to a different VGA cable. I feel like an idiot.

Everything else works, the computer fires up, the keyboard and mouse work perfectly. It's just the monitor that won't cooperate. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Regards, woollyhat

Monitor: AOC G2460V
Keyboard: Andersson Mission SG RGB Mechanical
Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

Computer: ASUS G11CD
Processor: Intel core i7
Memory: DDR4 16G
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 8GB
Storage: HDD 1TB, SSD 512GB
Optical Drive: DVD RW
Network: Integrated LAN 10/100/1000, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth

Are you sure you don't have it plugged into the motherboard video connection instead of your GTX180? If it is right you may need to open up your case and reseat your GTX 1080. Why are you using a HDMI and VGA? Your monitor only needs one cable ,HDMI gives better performance than VGA. Is there an input selector on your monitor?

Last edited:

woollyhat

Are you sure you don't have it plugged into the motherboard video connection instead of your GTX180? If it is right you may need to open up your case and reseat your GTX 1080. Why are you using a HDMI and VGA? Your monitor only needs one cable ,HDMI gives better performance than VGA. Is there an input selector on your monitor?
Hi! I've tried using the cables separately, and when I first installed the monitor, it was being pissy and wouldn't work unless it got both cables in. I didn't know jack about computers back then so I accepted it.
There's an input selector and I've switched between all three modes on it, no help.

I didn't build this computer, I bought it from a store, and I've never opened it up, so I don't know how it's connected or anything. Do you think something might've gone wrong that made it connect to the motherboard instead of the gtx?

If so, how do I open up my computer and great the graphics card?

Thank you so much for replying!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online