1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AOC LED Monitor - Black Edges where Image Ends

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Katylar, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Katylar

Katylar Thread Starter

Hi,

I just got a new AOC 936W LED monitor. I've noticed (I think it wasn't there before I started playing some games, so maybe the res/display changes brought about by them might have caused it) that it seems that the image now ends earlier on one side. As far as I can tell, the entire image is still shown, and I'm still using the monitor's native 1366x768 resolution.

However, on both the top and right side of the screen, I have a 1mm or 1.25mm black strip. It doesn't interfere in any way with the image (ergo, there is nothing cut off), but I get annoyed when I see the strips. On the left side, for comparison, the image ends almost (less than .5mm) from the actual edge of the glass.

I've did the auto-configure of the monitor, as well as manually set the screen horizontal position (it's set at 50/100). When I try to move the image to the right some more (i.e. 60-70/100), the image starts getting cut off, but the black strip is still there between where the image cuts off and where the glass ends.

Any help?

Thanks!

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    How is it connected? If it's a VGA connection, you can use the monitor controls to move/adjust the image to fill the screen properly. If it's DVI, it cannot be moved.

3. Katylar

Katylar Thread Starter

It's VGA.

There is no when I move the image, it just disappears when it reaches the black strip. I can't stretch since the monitor says the image is already at a 100. It's like that area is REALLY the edge of the LED. Could it have been moved somehow when it was being transported?

To put it simply, as far as the monitor and my OS are concerned, the image is displaying perfectly. However, on the left side the image ends right to the edge where the glass ends and the plastic of the frame begins. On the right side though, I have some empty glass.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Anything is possible I guess, although it's highly unlikely that the screen has moved inside the case.

I'd suggest using a different input and see if the display area changes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice