1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved AOC monitor "input not support"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mikrovalna137, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mikrovalna137

Mikrovalna137 Thread Starter

Hello, i have a problem and i would be very thankful for an asap responce. Here is the story: my previous monitor was a small size 4:3, 60hz. So like 2 months ago, i bought a new one. "Aoc G2460VQ6" is the name of the new one.
    I have problems since it first arrived. I tried to plug it in, but it said no signal.
    The wire i used isa a DVI cabel, but i had to put some thing on the tip of the DVI cabel, i dont know what its called(i dont think it really matters). It started working, but I noticed the screen was flickering. On the box of the monitor it says flicker free, and that it was a 75 hz monitor. So, i tried to put it from 60hz to 75 in display settings or something. It wasnt showing up, only 60 and below. So yesterday i tried to put it to 75hz with a program called "CRU". I tried it, and did all the things, and then i needed to restart the computer. I restarted it, but it said "input not support". Any help? I tried to restart the computer and tap F8, but it didnt to anything.
    Update: i plugged my old monitor, deleted CRU, pluged new monitor back in and now its working as before

Specs: win 10

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Your video card OR onboard/onchip video must be capable of an output of [email protected] Post ALL of your exact system specs. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, then post the exact brand, model# and service tag#
    The specs for the monitor show that it does not have a dvi input. If your video has hdmi, that would be the better way to go rather than an adapter. Again we do not know the specs of your system.

3. phillpower2

phillpower2

Hello Mikrovalna137,

Good idea but this will only confirm if the problem is monitor related and being that your previous monitor was also 60hz if it is the CRU program causing this the issue will most likely be the same.

For future reference, other computer hardware such as the GPU also needs to be 75hz capable or the monitor will be out of signal range of the GPU and you will get the onscreen "no signal" message.

4. Mikrovalna137

Where can i exatlcy get my pc specs? Sorry for being such an idiot. So, i think the flickering issue can be fixed if i put my monitor on 75hz? Does that make any sense?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

6. Mikrovalna137

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8111 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 360 Series, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 540 GB (413 GB Free); D: 390 GB (362 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASRock, B85 Pro4
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Its a custom pc
    Still wanting to get 75 hz and no flicker

7. Mikrovalna137

I connected the hdmi cabel, should i unplug DVI(if thats even possible). Can only HDMI connect pc and monitor?

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Yes, unplug and dvi cable. The hdmi is capable of full video and audio [if used]
    Next your video card is capable of the required res so set that and see if it works. Be sure you are connecting the monitor to the video card and not the onboard port on the motherboard.

9. Mikrovalna137

Umm, i disconnected the dvi cabel and the monitor went black and it said "no signal". My monitor is connected to the back part of the computer( the ports). How do i connect it to the video card?

10. Mikrovalna137

Here are some pictures(tell me if needed more) :

Attached Files:

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First shutdown the computer. Do not plug/unplug devices with the system ON. After the system is shutdown, remove the dvi cable and adapter. Connect the monitor to the video card with just the hdmi cable. Once all of the connections are made, pw ON and see if you can set the correct res and refresh rate.
    I notice a LOT of dust around the back of the system. You might want to get a can of air and give the system a good cleaning.

12. Mikrovalna137

So should I install cru again? Because i think its the easiest way to overclock(well not really overclock because I have 75 hz monitor not 60).

13. Mikrovalna137

And, is my HDMI cable connected to the video card already or just back side of the computer? Becasue i cant see any places to connect it besides that one.

14. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The hdmi connection is just to the right of where you used the adapter.

15. Mikrovalna137

I am not able to see it. Can u highlight it on this picture?

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1184520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice