1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AOHell Entries Left In Registry

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JohnO28356, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnO28356

JohnO28356 Thread Starter

This is a new Dell 4600. Had an option of Earthlink or AOL factory install. No option to omit them. I ordered it with Earthlink since it would be easier to uninstall. The Earthlink uninstalled fine, but a lot of AOL garbage was also on the computer. I uninstalled it, but am still finding several hundred registry entries dealing with AOL. They mostly deal with CDDB Control and AOL Flash or Flash Factory. Are these just AOL's left behinds, or could they be part of another piece of software? Can all the registry entries with mention of AOL be deleted? Thanks for any assistance.

2. dabwid

dabwid

Try using Google search with "AOL removal", there is all kinds of links to answer your question. Good Luck

(n) (n) (n) (n) AOL(n) (n) (n) (n)

3. JohnO28356

Hey dabwid- Thanks for the response. I had searched Google, and came up with a lot of non-applicable references. All of the AOL registry entries I had left dealt with AOL CDDB, and AOL Flash Factory. Never having heard of either, I was afraid they might have been tied to other software. Finally decided if it said AOL it was going.I found them all using Registry Crawler and deleted them (around 150). Only AOL references I have now are in programs like Super Cleaner, Money, etc.

4. dabwid

dabwid

I have nothing nice to say about AOL. Glad you made the move away from them. Hope you got your system cleaned out with no probelm. When I did mine I ended up doing a clean reformat, just to be sure.

5. JohnO28356

Never have had AOL. It keeps coming as factory install on my new computers.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice