1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'AOIndex' is not an index in this table

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mfruhbeis, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mfruhbeis

mfruhbeis Thread Starter

Access 2000 on a Windows 2000 box

When I try to open an existing database I get the following error ( 'AOIndex' is not an index in this table )and the database will not open?

Help?

2. SecretAgentW

SecretAgentW

3. jackbox

jackbox

Plenty of instances of this around the net. Access just won't open the database at all. Numerous suggestions around including VBS scripts, jet utility etc etc, none of which helped but after some 12 hours trying various things, I managed to fix mine:

Firstly, you need a known working database (either original prior to intallation or a backup). Clear it of any records in access first - ie empty but structure all there.

I managed to recover all the tables from the busted database (minus relationships) using recovery software. I can't say what might work for you but Kernel Nucleus was about the best I found. What I ended up with was the tables and records essentially but no relationship information etc. So, I exported each table in turn as an excel document then, using the known good version of the database with records deleted (you sometimes have to delete records in one table before others) I imported the records back to the correct tables. All other fixes I found on the net merely resulted in creating copies of each table with the suffix '1', so try the above. You may get a few error messages during import but it worked ok. It pays to put everything you're working on (including excel sheets) in a folder so you don't inadvertently ruin any existing copies.

Not found this fix anywhere online so hope it helps someone somewhere. If it does work for you, post back, that way I know it was worth putting this suggestion up!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/149704