aol 7.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Harry J

aol 7.0, with all the fanfare attendent to it's introduction be assured that you will not have anything of value over their 6.0 version. Largely, 7.0 has just one bell and that's a kind of juke box ballyhooed to be AOL Radio. Well, one can do better with your own music CD on your PC since the programming seems to be located somewhere in the blahs.
One more thing, using the download or the promo CD you will get an excess of promo files plus a lot initiating hangups. If your 6.0 is working don't fix it.

I was happy with 5.0! :) I would have stayed with it but 6 has some features my wife likes, so I switched. My son has 7; one thing I notice is taht it loads a lot faster than 6. :confused:

Harry J

So, 7.0 loads faster than 6.0. Is a few seconds (if that is the case here) worth ten minutes of clicking off banners, various promo boxes and other noisome items, such as fixing numerous glitches like 7.0 rendering Google impotent. AOL has embarked on the same hype technique that MS has used to dupe us into buying new versions that contain only cosmetically treated help files. That's more than my two cents worth when a penny for thoughts was the price! Thanks.

I didn't mean it as anything but a passing comment. I basically don't use AOL for anything but email, and I get that via the web.

:) :) :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online