1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Aol 9.0

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sweetb, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sweetb

Sweetb Thread Starter

I recently upgraded to Aol 9.0 and I'm having problems with the email loading the graphics, I click on the security link but graphics still don't load, I'm not talking about attachments just the graphics sent in an email, tech support from AOL was no help.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. BillC

BillC

This may be naive on my part, but do you use webmail or an e-mail client {like outlook express}?

3. Sweetb

Sweetb Thread Starter

No, I'm using AOL email

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Bill, I think with AOL, that's about the only choice you have, unfortunately.

How much ram is on your machine, the processor, free hard drive space, and right click on my computer, properties, performance, how much available resources?

5. sekirt

sekirt

You are the 2nd one I know of with that problem. They also had no fix from AOL support.

The other person solved it by going back to AOL 8.

sekirt

6. Sweetb

Sweetb Thread Starter

It's a fairly new computer April 03, 512Mb ram, Pent. 4 @2.53GHZ, and I have plenty of hard drive space. I uninstalled, and reinstalled same problem. I think I'm also going back to 8.0

7. ~Candy~

Did you call the 'helpful' folks at AOL? or should I say Time Warner ;)

8. Sweetb

Sweetb Thread Starter

They were of NO help

9. ~Candy~

Figures. Then my guess is that they have bugs they haven't worked out and I'd stick with 8.0 until they fix them.

I'd still call them back and cry and moan and see if you can at least get a free month or two out of them....it usually works ;)

10. Sweetb

Sweetb Thread Starter

They know there is a bug yet they make you jump through all kinds hoops with support they know isn't going to help, then tell you it is a know issue. But I do appreciate yours, back to 8.0

11. ~Candy~

Lol, I was just kidding on the known bugs.....they told you that?????......butt heads :(

12. Sweetb

Sweetb Thread Starter

Yes, the telephone tech told me, and the online tech confirmed after I told him the info I got from the phone

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice