1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AOL 9 Access Gone

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bluejeanwearer, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bluejeanwearer

Bluejeanwearer Thread Starter

My AOL 9 is not loading ...
    I have to use my old AOL 8 to get online.
    I have been getting the below message when my AOL 9 loading screen comes up.
    "Aol will now install the files required for you to connect to the service".
    Then a black windows appears with the title : UrlUpd.exe ..( There is No text in the black window at all ).I give permission to allow this from my ZoneAlarm...it looks like it is doing what it says,then a grey window appears and says "Restart your computer now in one clickable box and the other one says" Restart later" I have tried both the boxes same thing happens over and over...The black window closes along with my AOL 9 Loading window
    and nothing happens....I have had this problem for 2 weeks now.
    I went into AOL System Information to see if I could "Rebuild " the AOL Adapter...but I got a message window up telling me that the AOL Adapter had already been Uninstalled?
    I did all the virus checks. But the problem remains.

I installed AOL9 again from a new disk and still the same thing happens
    I am a complete novice where finding and fixing things are concerned...so if you can help,please,please,very easy to follow steps.
    Thankyou for any help you can give.

Windows Xp
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    Spyware Dr

2. UNIKSERV

UNIKSERV

3. Bluejeanwearer

Thankyou for your reply to my problem,I also found that same site and I did use the fix several times that they gave a link to,I was told from the fix that I do not have the malware/Spyware on my pc that is causing this problem >AOL has posted it's own variant of a fix for this issue out on »www.aol.com/connfix including small utility that removes the Malware/Spyware piece that is causing the problems.
    l have also found another site with the exact same problem I have>
    http://forum.processlibrary.com/showthread.php?t=1343
    Both dealing with this problem in different ways,I am a novice and seeing the long list of things to do to correct this has scared the heck out of me.

4. UNIKSERV

UNIKSERV

If AOL knows about the bug then I'd give their support a call and have them walk you through fixing the problem.

Joe

5. Bluejeanwearer

I will try that,Thankyou so much for your help :).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/526791

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice