1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AOL Bouncing emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by LilJeep, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilJeep

LilJeep Thread Starter

Hi! I'm newly registered her but have been here before and found great information.
    I have searched and read previous posts on the AOL issues and luckily I got rid of them many years ago.
    My question is this. Has anyone ever heard of having to PAY AOL to keep your server off of their blacklist? I'm on another forum (a local club that I'm a board member of) and the guy that set it up says that he's going to ban aol users because of the bouncing and that they refuse to pay AOL to keep it from happening. Being a club and it being one of the ways we communicate, the board members don't want to ban anyone. I'm pretty much all over the net on different groups and have never heard of this.
    Thanks for any info on this!

2. gurutech

gurutech

It's not just AOL that is doing this (from what I've heard). I've read that several internet providers are charging companies to give "priority" to their email, to bypass normal spam filters, etc....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice