Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AOL Email Attachments

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
I have a friend using AOL Email on Windows 7. She is unable to open attachments from within an email. When she clicks on View (the Document) she gets garbage characters in the document. If I download the document and open it with Word, it works fine. She is 88 and I am trying to help her out. Any ideas?

#6 ·
If the version is lower than Office 2007, she won't be able to view docx files unless she either has a viewer or installs the MS Compatibility Pack. (This gets cumbersome because there are service packs, updates and patches. I'd think for an 88 year old, a simple file viewer would be the easier option. My husband is in his mid 70's and I had to install something so he could read docx files he occasionally receives. )

#7 ·
Thank you everyone for your replies. Miraculously I was at my friends home today. I had sent her an email with three file types to test and they all opened just fine. I don't understand what happened previously and why all of a sudden it now works! Just FYI, she is running Office 2010. I will close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.