1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AOL fails to load when clicking icon

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by maque, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maque

maque Thread Starter

Running Vista OS and have made no changes that I am aware of. When I click the AOL icon I get the spinning circle for about 10 seconds and then nothing happens. Doesn't matter which shortcut I try, same result. Have tried reinstalling the AOL software after deleting the old and removing it from the registry, After reinstall,the welcome page loads and I'm able to sign on to AOL but after about 10 seconds the website disappears and I get the message that AOL is trying to reconnect but after clicking OK, it disappears and thats all. If I try to click on the AOL icon again, it doesn't load just like before. Have tried the obvious stuff like restarting the PC to no avail. This happened about a year ago and after several weeks it seemed to correct itself.Any ideas?Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1917 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 334313 MB, Free - 119056 MB; D: Total - 9083 MB, Free - 1230 MB; F: Total - 715401 MB, Free - 372070 MB; X: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 260860 MB;
    Motherboard: ECS, Nettle2
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1120039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice