1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AOL Favorite Places

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by joe1167, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe1167

joe1167 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I've got a quick question concerning AOL's favorite places. I had to uninstall and reload AOL. Before doing this, I read up and I thought I read that AOL saves the favorite places within it's system so there would have been no reason (if this were true) to save them otherwise. Well...... and you probably know where I'm going with this, when I reloaded all my favorite places are gone! Is there somewhere I can look to find them, or are they wiped out? I had a ton of useful sites saved and now................gone. If anyone can tell me anything about this, Id appreciate it very much.
    Thanks,
    -Joe

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Did it ask you if you wanted to save them and anything in your Filing Cabinet before you uninstalled the software?

3. joe1167

joe1167 Thread Starter

Hi Cheeseball,
    Thanks for getting back to me. No, I wasn't asked at all if I wanted to save anything to the file cabinet. I spoke to a couple of people about this and the same thing happened to one of them also. I've searched all over my computer to see if the sites somehow made it over but no luck...guess I should have saved to the filing cabinet as a precaution. Next time I definitley will. Thanks again and have a good one.
    -Joe

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

No problem :) Usually when I have to reinstall AOL, I remember it gave me some sort of prompt if I wanted to save anything. Then after the uninstallation, my backups appeared on my desktop. It's usually called "AOL Saved PFC folder".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice