AOL IM annoyances

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asdfght5

I'm using the AOL IM client, not the full AOL software that AOL subscribers use. The IM client is version 5.5.3595.

It occasionally plays music. And it occasionally puts graphics on my screen. Both of which I find annoying.

How can I block the sounds and graphics?

Thanks.

asdfght5

Yes . . . the ads that make music and generate graphics that jump around on my screen. I'd love to put a stop to that stuff!!!!

asdfght5

Haven't used Gaim, although I did experiment with Trillian last year. It worked but I didn't like it as well as the AOL IM client.

Before I abandon the AOL IM client I thought I'd ask the experts if there's a way to rid it of the annoying ads.

Any ideas out there?

asdfght5

Thanks for the link. I played around with the parts that seemed to be applicable but no luck killing the AOL IM client ads.

Guess I'll try gaim or try Trillian again.

Appreciate the help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online