AOL keeps disconnecting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sstevedaviss

Aol 9.0 broadband. Windows XP. AOL keeps disconnecting about every 15 mins. It has disconnected 2 times while writing this. My connection status seems to be Limited or no connectivity in the Local area Connection 2 Status, windows could not Repair as it could not find an IP address. I could not find the application data file.

etaf

Wayne
how are you connected to internet - via a router at all - if so make/model

sstevedaviss

Problem has been fixed. I turned off Windows Firewall From SP2, and installed McAfee Firewall, now it works OK. Thanks a bundle
Steve

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online