AOL on iPaq RX1950

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rob2910

Does anyone know what version of AOL will run on my iPaq as AOL themselves are about as good as a chocolate teapot.

It is running Microsoft Windows Mobile version 5.0 so would it be AOL 2.0.55 for Pocket PC 2003?:confused:

AOL 2.0.55 is meant to be used with windows mobile 2002-2003. It worked on my XV6600 running WM2003 second edition. Then I installed in onto my XV6700 running WM 5.0 and it worked, but a lot of functionality disappeared and it was not user friendly at all. For example, on WM 2003, the main screen shows you 8 icons and a toolbar at the bottom with a sign-on button. In 5.0, the icons are shown, but the toolbar is not. So, to sign on, you have to click on the read email button. The problem is after you open mail, you can't close the mail and get back to the main screen unless you delete each piece of email. Switching from mail, to instant message, to buddy list is difficult also. There's one button to change category, but once you start something in that category, it's hard to switch to another. Would I recommend using it for 5.0? No. If you would like to see screenshots of how it looks on WM 2003 vs. WM 5.0, send me an email at mfr220@aol.com or I can even send you the software for free. I'm sure you won't like it. And no, this is not an offer to share the software with everyone that emails me.

rob2910

Hi MFR I'll drop you an email, though from what you say I am not sure I want go near this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online